Synonyms of ‘claim’
Verb (claim synonym)
1 claim synonym is to assert, insist, maintain,
ex:He claimed that it absolutely was a conspiracy against him.
2 claim synonym is to take, receive, decide up,
ex: Now they’re returning to assert what’s theirs.
3 claim synonym is to demand, call for, raise for ,
ex:They will claim for damages against the 3 doctors.
1 assertion, statement, allegationHe rejected claims that he had had associate degree affair.
2 demand, application, requestThe workplace has been addressing their claim for edges.
3 right, title, entitlementThe Tudors had a tenuous claim to the autarchy.
Additional meaning of claim (synonym)
The ministers issued a strong affirmation of their religion within the system.
An allegation could be a statement locution that somebody has done one thing wrong.
The company has denied the allegations.
If you assert that one thing dangerous is true, you say it however don’t prove it.
The suspect is speculated to have killed a person.
Another word for claim
claim pretense pretension title
These nouns consult with a legitimate or declared right to demand one thing as one’s due: had a legal claim to the property; makes no pretense to scholarliness; even pretensions to the presidency; has no title to our thanks.
- to claim one’s right to:
demand. Idiom: statement to. See give, owned, request
- To defend, maintain, or implement the popularity of (one’s rights, for example):
assert, vindicate. See attack
- to place into words absolutely and with conviction:
affirm, allege, argue, assert, asseverate, aver, avouch, avow, contend, declare, hold, maintain, say, state. Idiom: have it. See affirm
- To elicit desperately or insistently:
call for, demand, exact, implement (or upon), require, requisition. Idiom: give tongue to for. See request
- The act of demanding:
call, cry, demand, exaction, requisition. See request
- A legitimate or supposed right to demand one thing as one’s rightful due:
pretense, pretension, title. (Slang) dibs. See owned, request
- A right or legal share in something:
interest, portion, stake, title. See part
- The act of declarative positively:
affirmation, allegation, assertion, declaration, averment, declaration, statement.
Tips for claims writing
1. Systematic order of claim writing
– Independent claim should be write first. And, it should have broad scope of protection.
– After writing the independent claim, dependent claims should have to write in a well delineated manner, so that all limitations of independent claim can be covered aptly.
2. Clear and crisp in meaning
– Claim sentences should be clear and crisp. Because, these sentences are responsible for defining more transparent and valuable meanings of the claims.
– Try to avoid the use of those words that have broad meaning or not having a defined limitation. For example, “heavy”, “large”, “used in large extant”, “mostly required” etc. Because, they have subjective idea or sense in their meaning, not to an objective judgment.
3. Fully structured and having all elements
– All necessary elements or words should be present in a claim means it must not be incomplete.
– It should cover all inventive features, embodiments, technical applications of invention as well as scopes of protection.
– Each claim should be written in single sentence.
– Introductory phrase part, linking part and body of the claim part all should be arranged in a well delineated manner.
4. Fully supported by description part
– The basis of claim writing should be sufficiently mentioned in the description part of patent application.
– Each part or term i.e. mentioned in claims should be directly or indirectly inferred from the description part of the patent application. Sometimes, when claims are not supported by the description part, then the chances of cancellation during patent office examining gets increase.
5. Use of best suited phrases and words
– In introductory part, we generally write about the field or type of invention.
– In body part, inventive features should be written in association with valid legal scopes of invention.
– As we know that linking words or phrases are used to describe the relation between introductory part and body part.
– Some famed phrases or words those are generally used in linking part mentioned below
a. “consisting of”
b. “consisting essentially of”
d. “which comprises”.
Unfortunately, there may come in a time your life in which you suffer an injury not caused by yourself. There are various reasons and factors involved in making a compensation claim, and what follows is information regarding the process and decisions involved.
– To help get over the fear and in the spirit of fairness, a compensation claim can filed on a “no win, no fee” basis. This means that even if you aren’t successful in your injury claim, you are still not responsible for a single fee, including solicitor’s fees or other costs. Because in almost all no win, no fee compensation claims no money is lost, it is fair and free justice, which is a huge positive when attempting to get back what is yours.
– Your lawyer will deal with the paperwork and legalities for you. Some people are put off by thought of stacks of paperwork for them to complete. Or they don’t want to get involved with stressful negotiations. Whilst a claim does involve paperwork and negotiations, remember that that is what you’ve got a lawyer for. All you really have to do is tell your lawyer what happened and then sign on the dotted line when they tell you do. You can trust them because they have your best interests at heart. They won’t get paid unless you win, so you won’t have to worry about them slacking off.
– Injuries may cause you to miss work and put you in the hospital, so you can file a claim to regain money you lost and to recoup medical bills. Financial hardships can arise from several factors after you suffer an accident, especially if you are incapacitated due to an injury. If you immobilized, you cannot work and therefore lose wages. An accident of a serious nature also causes suffering and may entitle you to recuperation costs. Claims can be filed to compensate you for medical expenses and to aid in recuperation. Money lost from missing work can also be regained from a claim.
– By claiming you are decreasing the likelihood of someone else having to go through what you have been through. A compensation claim means that whoever was responsible for the accident, whether it be a person or a company, will think twice about their actions and attitude in the future. If you make a claim, for example, following an accident at work which was a result of your employer failing to meet health and safety requirements, your employer will have to re-review their health and safety protocol